23 September

Originally published at: 23 September – St Peters Bentley

A lot to take in today. I don’t get the point of the sign of Jonah readings. The lamp of the body is a great reminder that when we open our eyes to the light of Christ it shines though our whole bodies. With the last part I get the first half, not so much the second. Will mull it over today and re-read later this evening!

I’ve been a bit quiet this week!

The Jonah thing is about he was swallowed by the whale for three days just like Jesus will die and be inside a dark place for three days before the resurrection.

My fave today is Acts. Paul talks on for so long that a guy falls asleep and falls out of the window to his death. Paul goes down, prays for him and he is resuscitated. Rather than going home at this point, they all go back upstairs and keep talking until daybreak!

“Whale” Dave’s been reading too many kids books

“However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace.“

Paul really believes this deep down in his self, and his words and actions proclaimed the gospel to the whole world!

Jesus is getting fairly direct in his accusations of the religious leaders - he doesn’t have a lot of time for those who have all the advantages in life but don’t use them to help others enter the kingdom

1 Like